Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Hurkoo <ah...@tenzeng.com> on 2005/11/14 06:23:19 UTC

Very weird M2 dependency problem

Here is an extract of my pom.xml, I do not have activation-1.0.2 in my
dependency list

		<dependency>
			<groupId>javamail</groupId>
			<artifactId>javamail</artifactId>
			<version>1.3.2</version>
		</dependency>

Once I remove the above depencies in pom.xml, everything works fine but I do
need this jar.

This is the only depency causing the problem below to happen. I cannot
understand why it is requesting to download activation-1.0.2

$ mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Unnamed - com.tenzeng.lge:MMS_IA:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING]
  This artifact has been relocated to javax.activation:activation:1.0.2.

[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[WARNING]
  This artifact has been relocated to javax.activation:activation:1.0.2.

Downloading:
file://J:/maven/repository//javax.activation/jars/activation-1.0.2.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository J Drive
(file://J:/maven/repository/)
Downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven//javax.activation/jars/activation-1.0.2.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Error transferring file
  javax.activation:activation:1.0.2:jar

from the specified remote repositories:
  ibiblio (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/),
  J Drive (file://J:/maven/repository/)
Path to dependency:
        1) com.tenzeng.lge:MMS_IA:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) javamail:javamail:jar:1.3.2
        3) javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2

Caused by I/O exception: Connection timed out: connect

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 23 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Nov 14 16:15:26 EST 2005
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/6M
[INFO]

Re: Very weird M2 dependency problem

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/05, Ashley Hurkoo <ah...@tenzeng.com> wrote:

> This is the only depency causing the problem below to happen. I cannot
> understand why it is requesting to download activation-1.0.2

This is normal.  It's a transitive dependency.  Your project depends
on javamail, and javamail depends on activation.

You'll have to download it and install it in your local repository--
it's one that isn't allowed to be in the ibiblio repository due to
licensing issues.
http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html

(Didn't you have to do that for javamail as well?)

HTH,
--
Wendy