Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Gerhard <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/18 11:42:06 UTC

[apache-extras] myfaces examples

hi @ all,

imo we should host some examples at apache-extras. it would be easier for
contributors to donate their examples.
we have the choice between svn and mercurial. the advantage of svn is that
most contributors are familiar with svn.
however, with mercurial it's easier for contributors to fork the repository
and to contribute their examples. moreover, it's easier to mirror
the repository e.g. to bitbucket which offers more features.

furthermore, it would be nice to have one repository per subproject/topic.
e.g. myfaces-extval-examples, myfaces-codi-examples,
myfaces-stacks-examples, ..., myfaces-helpline (for easier communication on
the users-list)
that would allow a clear separation concerning the wiki and the issue
tracker.

-> +1 for mercurial and one repository per subproject/topic.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [apache-extras] myfaces examples

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Ok correction as it seems there is no direct git support, it is just a
mirror like Apache does it, sorry for the wrong info.

Werner

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard <ge...@gmail.com>.