Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com> on 2011/06/11 09:45:07 UTC

Package Layout & Message class conventions

Hey all,

I think we can improve our package layout to clean up the BSP package.
For example we could put the Message model classes and the task related
classes into their own package.

And I would like to state some conventions on the message classes.
So for example we have a primitive like a boolean, the message would be
called BooleanMessage. So the data part is a boolean and the tag is a
string.
If we are changing the tag to a non-string class we are using a combined
name like IntegerDoubleMessage. So the tag part is an integer, the data part
is a double.

What do you think?

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin

mobile: 0170-3081070

business: thomas.jungblut@testberichte.de
private: thomas.jungblut@gmail.com

Re: Package Layout & Message class conventions

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.

> P.S., In near future, we'll have the IO package.

After you're ready with the new RPC stuff? That's wonderful!
Let's wait until then and make a subpackage to put all the messages into.
I think we should put this into 0.4.0 since this is just a refactoring.

I'll put the conventions in the wiki.
Thanks!

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.