Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ann Ramsey <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/17 19:20:10 UTC

Error message - website login

Can you help me with this error message please? All the other computers in
our office can get access - this is a client website, so I need help with my
computer.

Thanks,
Ann

 HTTP Status 403 - Access is denied
------------------------------

*type* Status report

*message* *Access is denied*

*description* *Access to the specified resource (Access is denied) has been
forbidden.*
------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/6.0.28

Re: Error message - website login

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Ann Ramsey wrote:
> Can you help me with this error message please? All the other computers in
> our office can get access - this is a client website, so I need help with my
> computer.
>
> Thanks,
> Ann
>
>  HTTP Status 403 - Access is denied
> ------------------------------
>
> *type* Status report
>
> *message* *Access is denied*
>
> *description* *Access to the specified resource (Access is denied) has been
> forbidden.*
> ------------------------------
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.28

Ann,

Assuming this is your one and original question, and forgetting for the moment all the
mis-targeted answers and messages,

The above error means :

1) that the Tomcat server which you are trying to access, for the URL that you are trying
to access on it, has what is called "security constraints".
In other words, it can only be accessed by certain users after they login, or maybe only
by certain workstations within a certain range of IP adresses or some similar constraint.

2) that the workstation which you are using does not meet these constraints, and as a
result Tomcat rejects the access attempt.

More than this, one cannot say, because you do not provide enough information for anyone
to say more.

Re: Error message - website login

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.