Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/04 15:10:45 UTC

How to create/add Amazon Elastic Mapreduce Instances in VPC ?

Hello all,
I have Elastic Mapreduce instance. While executing hive job flow I needed
Subnet ID to access the VPC.
Is there any way to add/create the Amazon Elastic Mapreduce Instance in
that VPC?

Bhavesh Shah

Re: How to create/add Amazon Elastic Mapreduce Instances in VPC ?

Posted by Pedro Figueiredo <pf...@89clouds.com>.
On 4 May 2012, at 14:10, Bhavesh Shah wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have Elastic Mapreduce instance. While executing hive job flow I needed Subnet ID to access the VPC.
> Is there any way to add/create the Amazon Elastic Mapreduce Instance in that VPC?

If you're using the Ruby client (http://aws.amazon.com/code/Elastic-MapReduce/2264), add the --subnet option:

        --subnet EC2-SUBNET_ID       Specify the VPC subnet that you want to run in

If you're using the API, set Ec2SubnetId in JobFlowInstancesConfig, as detailed at

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/API/API_JobFlowInstancesConfig.html

Cheers,

Pedro

Pedro Figueiredo