Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Pleasant, Tracy" <tr...@lmco.com> on 2004/03/24 17:40:34 UTC

lucene usage without website

I want to create a knowledgebase but it needs to be something that does
not require a server to run constantly (like with using jsp). I just
needs to run on the Windows platform.  Lucene works well with Windows
using an applet right?

multiple indices seacher

Posted by hui <hu...@triplehop.com>.
Hi,

The MultiSearcher 1.3 final keeps throwing exception when rewriting query.

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
org.apache.lucene.search.Query:combine:139
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher:rewrite:203

I still use the Query object before the rewriting, so the search seems
working fine.

Does anyone know how to avoid this problem?  Thx. I have to call "rewrite"
in order to avoid the cached searcher's I/O problem.

Regards,
Hui