Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sa...@kmgin.com on 2006/09/21 13:09:18 UTC

Maven integration with WAS5

Hi,

Can any of you  please help  me with this info . How to start , stop ,
deploy applications on WAS5 with maven2

Regards
Saravana

exluding jars from war Class-Path in MANIFEST.MF

Posted by Janos Mucsi <mu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi
I have the following settings:
<dependency>
      <groupId>j2ee</groupId>
      <artifactId>j2ee</artifactId>
      <version>1.4</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>
 <plugin>
          <configuration>
            <archive>
               <manifest>
                   <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
               </manifest>
           </archive>

But I do not want to see j2ee-1.4.jar on the
Class-Path in the MANIFEST.MF. What is the best way to
exclude files that are available at runtime?

Is there a better way to do this, should I declare
j2ee-1.4.jar at all in the pom.xml?

Thanks.

Janos

Re: Maven integration with WAS5

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
Lee Meador wrote:
> That link doesn't work on my computer.

Fixed - I ran into some trouble and had to withdraw it - it's OK now:
site: http://www.davidkarlsen.com/maven-was-plugin
repo: http://www.davidkarlsen.com/m2

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: Maven integration with WAS5

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.

On 4/17/06, David J. M. Karlsen <da...@davidkarlsen.com> wrote:

> Saravanakumar.B@kmgin.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can any of you  please help  me with this info . How to start , stop ,
> > deploy applications on WAS5 with maven2
> >
> I've created a plugin for generation of stub's:
> http://www.davidkarlsen.com/maven-was-plugin/
>
> Though, it does not [yet] deploy (start/stop etc) to a destination server.
>

> --
> David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
> http://www.davidkarlsen.com
> http://mp3.davidkarlsen.com

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: Maven integration with WAS5

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
You have to use the antrun plugin and write ant tasks to do it.

Search the web for the ant tasks. There are example scripts here and there.

The only information IBM seems to provide on it is in the Websphere docs.

Here are the version 6 docs. Look for the same class names:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.javadoc.doc/public_html/api/com/ibm/websphere/ant/tasks/package-summary.html

or look for the package name com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.

You can use wsadmin through ant to submit jacl scripts that do these things
too. This task will only run if you use ws-ant which is a customized version
of ant that uses the IBM JDK among other things.

It's a pain and it doesn't seem to work very well. Perhaps the Cargo project
will rescue us if some support for Websphere is added.

Thanks.

-- Lee Meador

Re: Maven 1.1b2 - Junit Tests

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde.de>.
Maven uses the optional Ant JUnit task as you can see in plugin.jelly
whithin ~/.maven/cache/maven-test-plugin... (your version at the end here)

<taskdef
         name="junit"
         classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask"
       />

You might want to have a look at the source of this task to find out how
it does run the tests.

Regards,
Gisbert Amm

Maven 1.1b2 - Junit Tests

Re: Maven integration with WAS5

Posted by ikram tahir <ik...@yahoo.com>.
hi,
  could you Please fix date on your computer or server.. i read your mail arriving on Sep 26, 2006 ..

  thanks, Ike.