Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/07 21:28:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] How to Contribute docs

We had some documentation on "how to contribute" but they were kinda weak.
I re-wrote it using the very good "how to contribute" docs from Spark as a
guide. I was kinda annoyed because their stuff was so good, it was hard not
to blatantly just copy some of their points. :)

Anyway, I think it is a good improvement over what we had before. Note that
there are three key sections that I added:

http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.2.1-SNAPSHOT/dev/developer/#_ways_to_contribute
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.2.1-SNAPSHOT/dev/developer/#_considering_code_changes
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.2.1-SNAPSHOT/dev/developer/#_contributing_code_changes

Please have a look and let me know if we can be happy with this for
inclusion with 3.2.1/3.1.3 docs.

Re: [DISCUSS] How to Contribute docs

Posted by Daniel Kuppitz <me...@gremlin.guru>.
Not much to say here, except: Solid! Nice work, I like it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
I like the “Considering Code Changes” section. That is exactly the thought process I go through with each and every “initiative.” …

Marko.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Excellent work Stephen!