Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pratim Chaudhuri <pc...@eztnit.com> on 2002/07/01 09:42:07 UTC

How to call Entity Beans

Dear All,
I have this problem since last 4 days. I had tried all sort of stuff but I am not able to find the actual problem.
I have designed a lot of Entity Beans and deployed that to JBOSS 2.4.4 server. My JBOSS is running on one server "Apple" and Tomcat on another "Swap".
All the beans deployed had been tested with java client applications and they are all invoked properly and can be used without any problem.
But when I try to call the bean within my servlet I get exception.
I am able to get the HomeInterface and able to create any number of beans (i.e. able to make entry to the database) but am not able to use any of the getX() or setX() methods and not also findByPrimaryKey().
Please help me. I am not able to understand where the problem lies.
More over my servlet is not able to find the resources shared by the JBOSS through JNDI lookup.
Can any one also guide me how to replace the default JNDI of Tomcat with that of JBOSS.
Thanks.
with regards,
Pratim Chaudhuri
(Software Engineer)
official     : pchaudhuri@eztnit.com
personal  : pratim_chaudhuri@hotmail.com
Ez Telecom and Information Technologies Pvt Ltd
A-10,Janaki Residence,Opp.Baner Tel.Exg.,
Baner,Pune, Maharashtra,
India - 411045
phone: +91-20-7292499 (off)