Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Dmitry Durnev <dm...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 13:12:53 UTC

[classlib][awt] Can't start any AWT app after recent(9/9/06-11/9/06) changes in java.awt

Hi all!

After checking out the latest classlib from SVN I get this NPE on any
AWT app start:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.awt.ToolkitImpl.getSystemEventQueueImpl(ToolkitImpl.java:525)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.runModalLoop(EventDispatchThread.java:58)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:47)

Tried both with DRLVM and IBM j9 on Windows.
Anybody has the same problem?
I'll try to investigate it, but maybe somebody has an idea of what's going on?

Dmitry A. Durnev,
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [classlib][awt] Can't start any AWT app after recent(9/9/06-11/9/06) changes in java.awt

Posted by Dmitry Durnev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Of course, I'll remove the confusing variable...

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.

2006/9/11, Dmitry Durnev <dm...@gmail.com>:
> I've already found the cause of the problem.
> In short: creation of system EventQueue was commented out
> in Toolkit constructor because of "the local variable is never read"
> compiler warning :)
> Variable itself is indeed not used, but the constructor call has some important
> side effects...
> Will file a JIRA and offer a patch:)
>
> On 9/11/06, Dmitry Durnev <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > After checking out the latest classlib from SVN I get this NPE on any
> > AWT app start:
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >        at java.awt.ToolkitImpl.getSystemEventQueueImpl(ToolkitImpl.java:525)
> >        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.runModalLoop(EventDispatchThread.java:58)
> >        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:47)
> >
> > Tried both with DRLVM and IBM j9 on Windows.
> > Anybody has the same problem?
> > I'll try to investigate it, but maybe somebody has an idea of what's going on?
> >

> > Dmitry A. Durnev,
> > Intel Middleware Products Division
> >

> --
>
> Dmitry A. Durnev,