Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2016/09/22 11:17:41 UTC

[VOTE] 2.7.0 release candidate 3

This vote is about whether to release Apache Impala (incubating) 2.7.0
release candidate 3.

The artifacts for testing are here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.7.0/RC3/

They correspond to the git tag 2.7.0-rc3, tree
b93b91f67321d75754185d58c9624f5806690099

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=tree;h=b93b91f67321d75754185d58c9624f5806690099

This vote will remain open for 72 hours.

Anyone can vote, but only the votes of PMC members are binding.
Available votes are +1 and -1. If there are three binding +1 votes and
more binding +1 votes then binding -1 votes, the vote passes. If the
vote passes, I will initiate a vote on this release candidate with the
Incubator PMC.

A +1 vote means "I have downloaded the signed source code package,
compiled it as provided, and tested the resulting executable on my own
platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the
requirements of the ASF policy on releases."

The ASF policy on releases is here: http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Special extra rules for Incubator releases are here:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

-1 votes should be accompanied by a reason.

After a vote, the voter should include "(binding)" or "(non-binding)"
indicating their status as PMC members or PMC non-members. Example:
"+1 (non-binding)"

Instructions on downloading and checking the release candidate are
available at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/DRAFT%3A+How+to+Release

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 release candidate 3

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding) I was able to run all the tests, build it locally, and use
Apache rat to audit the code. nice work!

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Juan <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)
Checked signature and checksums, verified the source tag
matches the tarball, and run jenkins against RC3, tests passed.

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Henry Robinson