Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by ge...@ws.apache.org on 2004/12/15 05:50:19 UTC

[Apache Web Services Wiki] New: FrontPage/AxisCPP/QA/Installation

   Date: 2004-12-14T20:50:19
   Editor: FarhaanMohideen <fa...@opensource.lk>
   Wiki: Apache Web Services Wiki
   Page: FrontPage/AxisCPP/QA/Installation

   no comment

New Page:

= Q & A on Installation =

For more information on answers please click the link below http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-c-user&r=1&b=200404&w=2. Subscribe in the Axis C++ user list or Axis C++ Dev list.Then you can also find more questions.

Q -I've downloaded axis-c-1-1 (source and binary), but unable to do anything since when I deploy axis into apache (both 1.3 and 2.0) I get segmentation fault on apache startup.

A - Do the following, rename $AXIS_HOME/axiscpp.conf_linux to axiscpp.conf rename $AXIS_HOME/conf/server.wsdd_linux to server.wsdd

Q - I have some problems with integration Axis (1-1-win32 ) and Apache(2.0.35-win32-x86-no_ssl) on WinXP-sp 1:Apache fail to work after changing httpd.conf (before it worked properly) The error is - Syntax error on line 948 : Cannot load E:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_axis2.dll into server

My httpd.conf is - 948 : LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll 949: <Location /axis> 950: SetHandler axis 951:</Location>

I have in USER_ENVIROMENT and SYSTEM_ENVIROMENT the variable AXIS_HOME to E:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/Axis

I have in USER_ENVIROMENT and SYSTEM_ENVIROMENT in PATH nodes E:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/Axis/libs and E:/Expat with (Expat, Release 1.95.7)

and command "path " in "Ómd.exe"-session give this node too. I have mod_axis2.dll in Apache2/modules/ I not found axiscpp.conf and rename axiscpp.conf_win to axiscpp.conf axiscpp.conf is - Axis\logs\AxisLog.txt Axis\conf\server.wsdd

Each of this files is present. Apache can't start even with "apache -x" parameter.

A - I tested with 2.0.35-win32-x86-no_ssl on WinXp and I get the same problem. It seems that this version of apache has some api differences and it works fine with apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi ( I tested this also ). So please bear with us and use apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi and test.

Q - I was trying to install Axis C++ 1.1 from the binaries and I followed the installation instructions on the Axis site. Everything went fine until I modified the Apache configuration file to load the Axis module.This caused my Apache server not to start up.However, I noticed that axiscpp.conf and sever.wsdd files were missing in the $AXIS_HOME and $AXIS_HOME/conf/ folders respectively. I used the axiscpp.conf_linux and server.wsdd_linux files in the above folders and renamed them as the missing files. This solved the problem as Apache and Axis works perfectly now. Is this the usual case with the installation or was this just a 'special case'?? My configuration is Red Hat Linux 9 with Apache 2.0.48.

A - You need to rename the two files.

Q - I've dowloaded axis-c-1-1 (source and binary), but unable to do anything since when I deploy axis into apache (both 1.3 and 2.0) I got segmentation fault on apache startup.I compiled axis-c code myself and I used binary distribution, it doesn't matter I alwasy got seg.fault. Regarding my configuration. RedHat 9, kernel 2.6.5,I used xerces-c-2.5.0-3.Any suggestions? I haven't had any problems with compilation of axis-c-1.0 before.    A - Do the following, rename $AXIS_HOME/axiscpp.conf_linux to axiscpp.conf rename $AXIS_HOME/conf/server.wsdd_linux to server.wsdd

Q - I've downloaded axis-c-1-2 (binary) for Windows and Apache 2.0.5 for Windows, but I've got the Problem with the LoadModule. If I am editing the httpd.conf file apache will not start again. I followed the installation instruction but it didn't work