Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Wayne Witzel ❸ <al...@users.sf.net> on 2013/12/20 19:07:46 UTC

[allura:tickets] #2695 FRS pages with large number of files offers only melty forge

- **status**: open --> wont-fix

---

** [tickets:#2695] FRS pages with large number of files offers only melty forge**

**Status:** wont-fix
**Created:** Thu Aug 25, 2011 07:44 PM UTC by Chris Everest
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 08, 2012 07:48 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

See: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fuduntu/files/yum/14/STABLE/RPMS/

We recently converted fuduntu project yum repos from project web to FRS space.  Things are working awesome in download terms, but since repo dirs are known to have thousands of files, the sfpy web view takes too long to render the page and offers only a timeout. In this case, the FRS dir above contains 1494 files.  Not sure what the threshold of success vs. error is.

I'm thinking we could show a simplified view of the same page, with maybe the file name and a link to the stats page.  Date would be nice to capture, since browsing a yum repo isn't all the peculiar for end users.  Including any other details would still be ideal if we can squeeze them in without penalty.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/