Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Kris Coward <kr...@melon.org> on 2011/05/12 03:06:59 UTC

Resource use accounting for pig(/hadoop).

Is there any tool (or even just a good starting point in the logs) for
measuring the amount of cluster used by a pig job (i.e. something that
can be checked after a job was run on a cluster that was already running
other jobs, and provide an indication how much time the job would've
taken if the cluster had otherwise been idle)?

Thanks,
Kris

--
Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/

Re: Resource use accounting for pig(/hadoop).

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Pig provides mean/min/max time per mapper and reducer per job, so you
can multiply that out I suppose. Gets a bit tricky with parallel jobs.