Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leif Nelson <ln...@llnl.gov> on 2003/11/20 01:19:09 UTC

jar:deploy-snapshot vs. war:deploy-snapshot and ear:deploy-snapshot

Hi all-

I'm confused about deployments with maven rc1.  I have the jar deployment
stuff working perfectly.  Setting these properties:

maven.repo.central=myrepo.mycompany
maven.repo.central.directory=/www/maven-repo
maven.username=lnelson
maven.remote.group=users
maven.ssh.executable=plink
maven.scp.executable=pscp

Well, I tried to start using ear & war deployment.  And, it didn't
work.  After some research, I found that these plugins use the "artifact"
plugin to do their deployments.  So, I added all these properties to
support this:

maven.repo.list=myrepo
maven.repo.myrepo=scp://myrepo.mycompany
maven.repo.myrepo.directory=/www/maven-repo
maven.repo.myrepo.username=lnelson
maven.repo.myrepo.privatekey=/private/private-key
maven.repo.myrepo.passphrase=mypassphrase   # YUCKY!  Want to use pageant!
maven.repo.myrepo.group=users

But, It seems that these plugins do the SAME thing, but the artifact plugin
won't work with putty and pageant.  It requires me to provide my private
key and passphrase (and it can't read the putty private keys).

So, am I missing something here?   How do I deploy wars & ears using putty
(pscp) and pageant?  That's the most convenient!  It looks like the
artifact plugin uses JCraft ( http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/index.html ) which
doesn't support the idea of ssh-agents.

Thanks,

--Leif