Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2002/09/03 10:39:09 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] setting SSL up on my local test server fordevelopment purposes

You make one yourself for free - this is called a self-signed certificate. This enables encryption but obviously doesn't provide authentication so users get browser alert. But this is fine for a demo or an environment where authentication is not required.

The instructions are in the distro..

Posted by art <ar...@macnew.com>.
I seem to be posting this link about every 2 weeks or so...  I am not
the author but I have not found a better "step by step" method of
installing what the original question asked...

http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Apache-Compile-HOWTO/html/t1.html#INTRO

Thanks for all the good info from all the folks answering the hard
stuff...the least I could do is throw this out there every once in a
while...   :)

Art MacNew
VelocityHosting.Com