Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Tom Ryde <to...@entegrity.com> on 2005/03/22 17:37:35 UTC

awk bug when building aprtest environment

All,

In attempting to build the test suite for APR(Apache Portable
Runtime), I encountered the following awk error.

I was following the instructions found on this web page:

http://apr.apache.org/compiling_win32.html

Specifically:

The apr test environment can be compiled using VC++'s Visual Studio
development environment with the apr/test/aprtest.dsw project. This
workspace exposes the apr/apr.dsp static library and the
apr/test/aprtest.dsp projects that allow the developer to assemble the
entire test application suite.

Line numbers are from the file MakeWin32Make.awk

    45	        gsub( /-o (\S+)/ "/out:\"$1\"", $0 );

The build of project aprtest.dsp fails on the above statement.

Looking into the MakeWin32Make.awk file found in apr/test directory,
a similar gsub() statement is found on line 40:

    40	        gsub( /-o (\S+)/, "/out:\"$1\"", $0 );

The comma following /-o (\S+)/ is missing from line 45, causing the error.

Tom Ryde
Entegrity Solutions