Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan Norman <ra...@mminternet.com> on 2002/03/28 19:55:07 UTC

Elegant way of displaying error message - Ryan Norman

Hi,

I am Ryan Norman.

I am using struts framework for my application.

I have a login screen. I authenticate the the user id and password.
When the authentication fails, I want to display an error message saying "User ID XXXXX does not exist".
Where XXXXX is the typed user id. My error message is coming from the ApplicationResource.properties file.
I can always have a place holder for the user id in the error message and replace it with the current user id.
But I don't want to do that.

Is there an elegant way of doing this?

Thanks in advance

Ryan Norman

Re: Elegant way of displaying error message - Ryan Norman

Posted by Mikael Eriksson <mi...@connection.se>.
The elegant way to do this is to have a placeholder for the user id.

Why would you not want to do that?

  Regards
  Mikael