Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Raghunandan S <ca...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/30 17:23:54 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.2(RC2) release

Hi

I submit the Apache CarbonData 1.5.2 (RC2) for your vote.

1.Release Notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12344321

    Some key features and improvements in this release:

   1. Presto Enhancements like supporting Hive metastore and stabilising
existing Presto features

   2. Supported Range sort for faster data loading and improved point query
performance.

   3. Supported Compaction for no-sort loaded segments

   4. Supported rename of column names

   5. Supported GZIP compressor for CarbonData files.

   6. Supported map data type from DDL.

[Behavior Changes]

   1. If user doesn’t specify sort columns during table creation, default
sort scope is set to no-sort during data loading

 2. The tag to be voted upon : apache-carbondata-1.5.2-rc2 (commit:

9e0ff5e4c06fecd2dc9253d6e02093f123f2e71b)

https://github.com/apache/carbondata/releases/tag/apache-carbondata-1.5.2-rc
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/releases/tag/apache-carbondata-1.5.2-rc2>
2

3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/1.5.2-rc2/

4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1038/

5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:

*https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/raghunandan.asc*

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.2,  The vote

will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of

at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.2

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Raghunandan.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.2(RC2) release

Posted by Raghunandan S <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

PMC vote has passed for Apache Carbondata 1.5.2 release, the result

as below:

+1(binding): 5(Jacky, Kumar Vishal, Ravindra, David CaiQiang, Liang Chen)

+1(non-binding) : 3

Thanks all for your vote.

Regards

Raghunandan

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

+1

Regards
Liang

sraghunandan wrote

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
+1

Regards,
Jacky

Posted by manishgupta88 <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Manish Gupta

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.2(RC2) release

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1
Kumar vishal

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by David CaiQiang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

-----
Best Regards
David Cai

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.2(RC2) release

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Ravindra.

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 10:54 PM, Raghunandan S <

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi