Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by br...@accenture.com on 2002/05/01 15:42:46 UTC

literalxml encoding in other implementations

I have a general question:

Do SOAP implementations other than Apache SOAP use the 'literalxml'
encoding style? Would non-Apache SOAP clients be able to create the SOAP
body in a manner that does not necessarily represent an Object for an
RPC-style call? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Bryan

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

html in the soap messages...

Posted by JD Evora <jd...@saadian.com>.
Hi,

 I am using Apache SOAP for a while and a couple of days ago I came across a
very strange message about a malformed envelop.

 Tracking the error I learn that one of the users put a word between <> in a
String parameter and confused the XML parser.

 Shouldn't the toolkit escape all the "<"s and ">"s  ?

 Thanks
  JD Evora

html in the soap messages...