Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Airline Pedestal <ai...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/03 12:17:02 UTC

Problem with Axis 1.2

There seems to be a problem with Axis 1.2Alpha.
I have a web service that has been running
correctly under Axis 1.1.  I'm trying to port
the service to Axis 1.2.  With Axis 1.2, it
doesn't map my Java Objects to the
serializer factories correctly.  My object does
impliment the Java interface java.util.List,
which seems to be causing the problem.  It
appears to be mapping my classes to serializers
which handle List objects.  I need it to
map my objects to my serializers.  Can anybody
help me with this problem?

Thanks for any help,

-A

http://search.yahoo.com/top2003

Re: Problem with Axis 1.2

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I don't have any words of wisdom, but I've certainly noticed some odd
things dealing with serialization features in 1.1 and 1.2.  For instance, I
have a web service that takes and returns custom bean class.  Under 1.2, if
I try to generate the wsdl from the Java, it fails saying that I need to
specify a <typemapping>.  Of course, the task itself doesn't take a
<typemapping>.  If I run this under 1.1, the task will succeed and generate
a <typemapping> for me in the deploy.wsdd.  When I deploy this to the Axis
1.1 webapp and run the service, I always get a "Can't find deserializer"
for my bean even though it has been specified.  And then if I deploy this
to the Axis 1.2 webapp, the service (surprisingly) works just fine, even
though when I look at the server-config.wsdd, there is no <typemapping>
stored for my service as was specified in my deploy.wsdd.... but, again, it
works.  So, maybe 1.2 deals for transparently with basic bean
serialization, but I have to imagine that more complex objects would still
have to be mapped and I'm not sure 1.2 currently supports the <typemapping>
stuff.  This is all very weird.  I hope things get a bit more consistent
for Axis in the future.  It all seems a bit haphazard right now.

Jake