Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2019/01/10 10:39:50 UTC

missing steps after creating new sling git repo

i've created a new sling git repo [1] for the first time following the steps from [2].

what is missing from this list or does not work yet:

1. although part of the sling-aggregator XML file no jenkins job is created for 'org-apache-sling-models-caconfig' - is there an additional configuration file?

2. the script 'generate-aggregator-table.sh' seems to generate the module lists in the docs subdir - i cannot execute this script on a windows machine.

3. the list contains the recommendation to add the project to the kibble demo instance (which is not even using SSL - which leaves a bad feeling creating an account there). i created a new account but was not able to add the new source.

stefan

[1] https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-models-caconfig
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/TwWHB

Re: missing steps after creating new sling git repo

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
It's a great point, thanks Stefan & Robert, let me look into converting the
script to Groovy. It should be relatively easy since the logic is all there
and then it will be cross platform.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2019-01-11 at 15:54 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> > > 1. although part of the sling-aggregator XML file no jenkins job
> > > is
> > > created for 'org-apache-sling-models-caconfig' - is there an
> > > additional configuration file?
> >
> > The Jenkins job generation is (for now) handled by the sling-seed-
> > build
> > job [3]. Can you start the job and see whether that creates the
> > missing
> > job?
>
> thanks, this works - i've added a link on [3] to [2]
>

> > > 3. the list contains the recommendation to add the project to the
> > > kibble demo instance (which is not even using SSL - which leaves
> > > bad feeling creating an account there). i created a new account
> > > but
> > > was not able to add the new source.
> >
> > Then maybe we could create a shared account with the right
> > privileges
> > and add them to the private Sling PMC SVN area?
>
> this would be an option - or wait until a "production" kibble
> instance becomes available?

The Kibble project has set up a new Kibble instance which is supposed
to analyse all of the ASF source code at https://kibble.dev/ .

Note that:

1. This is still not supposed to be a 'production' instance, so
availability is not guaranteed.
2. It is not clear what the schedule of importing new repositories into
it is. The repositories we added last Thursday are not there yet.

So it seems better than the previous instance but not perfect. So we
can either live with that this kibble instance has to other or look
into alternatives.

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.