Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/08 00:34:33 UTC

how to determine if a bundle has already been installed?

Let's say I have a feature set which requires that another feature already be
installed (i.e. a set of bundles should already be installed in Karaf
3.0.1).

What is the recommended method of determining if that bundle or feature set
is already installed?

Currently I am using the following in my ant target:

bundle:list | grep 'bundleFoo'

Re: how to determine if a bundle has already been installed?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

use inner feature:

<feature name="my" version="1.0">
<feature version="x">other</feature>
</feature>

When installing my feature, if feature x is not yet installed, Karaf
will install it for you and continue the installation of feature my.

Regards
JB

On 11/08/2014 12:34 AM, asookazian2 wrote:
> Let's say I have a feature set which requires that another feature already be
> installed (i.e. a set of bundles should already be installed in Karaf
> 3.0.1).
>
> What is the recommended method of determining if that bundle or feature set
> is already installed?
>
> Currently I am using the following in my ant target:
>
> bundle:list | grep 'bundleFoo'

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: how to determine if a bundle has already been installed?

Posted by Kevin Carr <ks...@gmail.com>.
You can setup a requirement to the other feature in your feature
description.