Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Philipp Leitner <ph...@gmx.at> on 2007/04/10 19:40:16 UTC

WSIF Schema Parser and "wrapped" style?

Hi all,

I am using org.apache.wsif.schema.Parser from the WSIF distribution to
parse type definitions contained in a WSDL definitions file.

The parser seems to work reasonably well as long as the service uses RPC
or document/literal style, but seems to behave strangely when used with
document/wrapped (as used by .NET and Axis2).

Most notably I keep running into org.apache.wsif.schema.ElementType
types without type information (wsifType.getElementType() == null).

Example:

I have a WSDL message that uses the following XSD type:

<xs:element name="getString">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="param0" nillable="true" type="xs:string" />
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

In this case the ElementType with "name.equals("param0")" will have a
element type of "null".

I have read somewhere that org.apache.wsif.schema.Parser supports only
"top-level" complex types - is this restriction causing my problems? In
that case I reckon that org.apache.wsif.schema.Parser is more or less
useless for document/wrapped (and I would have to look for an
alternative schema parser).

What is your opinion on this issue?

/philipp

--
Philipp Wolfgang Leitner, Bakk.rer.soc.oec.
0225511

"Of course my password is the same as my dog's name.
His name is QQI23%_Gh5 but I change it twice a month."