Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Istvan Soos <is...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 18:04:37 UTC

mod_proxy + ssl + HttpsRequestCycleProcessor

Hi,

We are using HttpsRequestCycleProcessor + @RequireHttps annotation in
our local dev environment (the server is a jetty executed directly
from Eclipse). In the production environment, we have Apache +
mod_proxy, and I'd prefer if Apache could handle the SSL part (in that
case we are not required to configure SSL on the application server -
glassfish v3). Is there any best practice how to achieve this?

Thanks and regards,
   Istvan

Re: mod_proxy + ssl + HttpsRequestCycleProcessor

Posted by Istvan Soos <is...@gmail.com>.
The solution seems to be an extra header with the mod_header module
and an extra filter before the wicket filter. With the later we can
check the extra header, and overwrite the scheme to "https" if the
header is present. Seems to be working for now...

Regards,
   Istvan

Posted by Istvan Soos <is...@gmail.com>.
That is ok, however in production I still would like to benefit of the
@RequireHttps. Will it work? I suppose there should be a setup that
uses mod_headers to inject a header in the request or something like
that, but I'm only guessing this...

Istvan