Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2008/03/12 12:14:09 UTC

How to use log function in Jmeter

Hi,
      I am trying to do a very simple thing ...I have a Post processor
regular expression extractor that extract a String value from a  response
. Then in a subsequent request I just want to replace the value . Before
this I want to check that I have the correct value . So I amtrying to use
the __log function . The reference name was "power" . So I am trying to
use something like __log(${power})...But it isn't working. I am expecting
to see some value in the console ...Any ideas?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: How to use log function in Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/03/2008, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> "The Debug Sampler does not display any values, so I don't see how
>  that's possible."
>

> >> What I meant was I could see the value of the variable in the View
>  Results Tree listener corresponding to the entry of the Debug Sampler. But
>  the View Results Tree doesn't have any entry for the post request that
>  would fire that javascript function ....

In which case either the Post request is failing part way though,
after it has processed the function call - check jmeter log file for
any errors - or something else is setting the variable.

Posted by Ch...@labware.com.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>  >  For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>  >
>  >
>  >

Re: How to use log function in Jmeter

Posted by Ch...@labware.com.
Hi Sebb,
                     Yes I am sure that the java script is executed
because I see the value returned by the variable in the Debug Sampler now.
The request in which it is supposed to get executed is a POST request .
One of the form parameter is supposed to contain the value returned by
that Java script function . That request is the fourth request in the
sequence of requests that I captured through HTTP Proxy server. Although I
am seeing the value of the variable in the Debug sampler , I am never
seeing that particular request in the View Results Tree listener . Any
idea what is going wrong here ? Any other way through which I can safely
conclude that request was executed successfully ?
Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

sebb <se...@gmail.com>
03/12/2008 09:54 PM
Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How to use log function in Jmeter

On 12/03/2008, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>                     Thanks for your quick response . I tried using your
>  idea of  using a Debug Sampler in conjunction with
>  the View Results Tree Listener. I renamed the variable to "pr" and this
is
>  what I got in the Response Data tab of the Debug Sampler  :
>
>  JMeterVariables:
>  pr_g=2
>  pr_g1=5
>  START.MS=1205327286609
>  START.YMD=20080312
>  pr_g2=)
>  JMeterThread.last_sample_ok=true
>  START.HMS=183806
>  pr=5

pr = 5

>  pr_g0=M,5)
>
>  I am having difficulty understanding the variables
>  pr_g,pr_g1,pr_g2,pr_g0=M,5) ....What is the actual value of pr here
?All
>  that I am interested is in the value of that variable "pr" which gets
>  substituted later on in a request parameter.
>
>  Regular expression extractor looked something like this :
>
>  Reference Name:pr
>  Regular Expression:M,(\w)(\D)
>  Template: $1$
>  Match No:0

i.e. random choice

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/03/2008, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>                     Thanks for your quick response . I tried using your
>  idea of  using a Debug Sampler in conjunction with
>  the View Results Tree Listener. I renamed the variable to "pr" and this is
>  what I got in the Response Data tab of the Debug Sampler  :
>
>  JMeterVariables:
>  pr_g=2
>  pr_g1=5
>  START.MS=1205327286609
>  START.YMD=20080312
>  pr_g2=)
>  JMeterThread.last_sample_ok=true
>  START.HMS=183806
>  pr=5

pr = 5

>  pr_g0=M,5)
>
>  I am having difficulty understanding the variables
>  pr_g,pr_g1,pr_g2,pr_g0=M,5) ....What is the actual value of pr here ?All
>  that I am interested is in the value of that variable "pr" which gets
>  substituted later on in a request parameter.
>
>  Regular expression extractor looked something like this :
>
>  Reference Name:pr
>  Regular Expression:M,(\w)(\D)
>  Template: $1$
>  Match No:0