Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by beyaNet Consultancy <be...@ntlworld.com> on 2004/02/20 13:45:15 UTC

Build 2.1.4

hi guys,
I have a build related question if I may. Just installed 2.1.4 of
cocoon and tried to run my app as per usual and nothing happens, no
links work nothing the site just seems dead. Also, I ran the hello
world example in the main cocoon home page area
(http://www.mysite.com/cocoon), and from the block`s Hello world
section I clicked the jpeg link. When I do this i get an
(org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap) message box appear on my
desktop, which would seem to suggest that another instance of
tomcat/cocoon is being launched!!!??? In the local.blocks.properties
file, how do I makes sure that i block is activated? Do I change as
follows:

un-comment the line #exclude.block.batik=true and:

1. leave as is - exclude.block.batik=true (block is not included in
build)? or
2. exclude.block.batik=false (block is included in build)?

many thanks in advance

Re: Build 2.1.4

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 20.02.2004 13:45, beyaNet Consultancy wrote:

> hi guys,
> I have a build related question if I may. Just installed 2.1.4 of cocoon
> and tried to run my app as per usual and nothing happens, no links work
> nothing the site just seems dead. Also, I ran the hello world example in
> the main cocoon home page area (http://www.mysite.com/cocoon), and from
> the block`s Hello world section I clicked the jpeg link. When I do this
> i get an (org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap) message box appear on
> my desktop, which would seem to suggest that another instance of
> tomcat/cocoon is being launched!!!??? In the local.blocks.properties
> file, how do I makes sure that i block is activated? Do I change as
> follows:
>
> un-comment the line #exclude.block.batik=true and:

Don't change this line at all, it must be in comments.

> 1. leave as is - exclude.block.batik=true (block is not included in
> build)? or
> 2. exclude.block.batik=false (block is included in build)?

Both mean the batik block is excluded as ant tests only if the property
is set, not its value.

Joerg