Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Peter Lenahan <pe...@ibi.com> on 2001/02/15 23:55:33 UTC

build/7252: Ambiguous name; inherited Problem in Token.java

>Number:         7252
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       Ambiguous name; inherited  Problem in Token.java
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
If you need the exact line numbers I can send you them, but it would be easiest if you would install the Visual J++ compiler and set the warning level to high to see the problems.

Peter Lenahan
peter_lenahan@ibi.com
>How-To-Repeat:
Example:
In the file Token.java on line 1085 it references the static int ANCHOR, this line is in a nested inner class that also extends Token. So it inherits ANCHOR from both the outer class and the super class.  The Microsoft compiler isn't clear where to resolve the value from.

The fix is to add this. to all the places that this is happening.
>Fix:
Add this.variable name in all the ambigous cases.  There are about 30 occurances of this problem all in this file.

The Microsoft compiler also tells you other problems with the code.

Peter Lenahan
peter_lenahan@ibi.com
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]