Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas Zastrow <li...@thomas-zastrow.de> on 2007/03/10 22:24:23 UTC

Now: Path-problem

I'm very sorry, but I have another (little) problem ... ;-)

My Java-code to transform a FO-File into a PDF-file works fine now -
with one exception: In the FO-File, there are relative links to external
images in the art of:

src="url(images/graphic1.svg)"

where the file "graphic1.svg" resists in a sub-directory "images"  where
the FO-file resists ...

That produces the error:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Image not available: url(images/graphic1.svg)

When I change the relative-paths (images/graphic1.svg) to absolute
paths, it works perfect again.

So, is there a possibility to say FOP that it should use relative paths
when parsing the FO-file??

I now that I peeve you, please be patient :-)

Best,

Tom

Re: Now: Path-problem

Posted by Thomas Zastrow <li...@thomas-zastrow.de>.
Adrian Cumiskey schrieb:
> Hi Tom,
>
> If all your FO files reside in the same place then place a <font-base>
> definition in your FOP configuration file.  If your FO files are
> located in different locations make a call to
> userAgent.setBaseURL(baseURL) before processing the FO file to set the
> base url used for resolving.

Adrian and Andreas,

thanx for your help, after playing around with ca. 100000 variations of
path-names, I got it! It works! Im lucky!

Best,

Tom

Re: Now: Path-problem

Posted by Adrian Cumiskey <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Re: Now: Path-problem

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Mar 10, 2007, at 22:24, Thomas Zastrow wrote:

> I'm very sorry, but I have another (little) problem ... ;-)
>
> <snip />
> So, is there a possibility to say FOP that it should use relative
> paths when parsing the FO-file??

Yep. That can be configured through FOUserAgent.setBaseURL() as
described here:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/embedding.html#config-internal

HTH!

Andreas