Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Harshad Nanal <ha...@mahindrabt.com> on 2001/04/19 09:02:41 UTC

Problem running the samples on weblogic 5.1

I am using Apache Soap tool 2.1 with Weblogic Application server 5.1 on
Win NT4.0. I am trying to run the samples.Addressbook and facing some
problem.

I have added xerces.jar,soap.jar and /soap-2_1 directory to the
beginning of WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH variable in startweblogic.cmd file. also
I have registered the servlet as per the installation instructions of
Apche soap tool.

Sequence of operation
1.I have the weblogic server running on port 8080 on localhost as
required buy the samples 'testit' script.

2.I opened another MS DOS command prompt.
3. Set classpath to xerces.jar,soap.jar, mail.jar,activation.jar and
\soap-2_1  directory

When i run the testit of addressbook sample, i get the following error
A) in the weblogic
"SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read 'DeployedServices.ds': assuming
fresh start "
b) in the client session

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:236)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:228)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient
.java:149)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:235)

The method referred inthe error message is getNamespaceURI() as per the
source code.

Please advise how to proceed.
Thanking you in anticipation

Harshad

Re: Problem running the samples on weblogic 5.1

Posted by Harshad Nanal <ha...@mahindrabt.com>.
Thanks Jaap
but i have set the same classpath in the system environment also.

can u comment on the error about NoSuchMethodException
Harshad

Posted by Harshad Nanal <ha...@mahindrabt.com>.
Thanks Jaap