Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sven Baumgartner <sv...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/11 21:24:37 UTC

[users@httpd] apachectl -k graceful abort downloads (Apache 2.4.7)

Hi,

I'm discovering an issue when gracefully restarting apache (apachectl -k
graceful) that running downloads are aborted. In various web-browsers it
looks like the download has finished successful but after checking the
size it is clear that it didn't. Many times the download continuous
until approx. 62MB and stops than if the graceful restart was before
62MB after that value the download abort immediately. I tested with
100MB and 200MB files.

How could I prevent apache from aborting the running downloads?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Sven

More details regarding versions:

Server version: Apache/2.4.7 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov 30 2013 10:33:05
Server's Module Magic Number: 20120211:27
Server loaded:  APR 1.5.0, APR-UTIL 1.5.3
Compiled using: APR 1.5.0, APR-UTIL 1.5.3
Architecture:   64-bit
Server MPM:     event
   threaded:     yes (fixed thread count)
     forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
  -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
  -D APR_HAS_MMAP
  -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
  -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
  -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
  -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
  -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
  -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=256
  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache2"
  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec"
  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
  -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Re: [users@httpd] apachectl -k graceful abort downloads (Apache 2.4.7)

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Sven Baumgartner <
sven.baumgartner@gmail.com> wrote:

>  It is not served with a third party code. MPM worker works fine. Is this
> issue config related or an unexpected behavior?

unexpected

Posted by Sven Baumgartner <sv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.