Posted to user@struts.apache.org by arunabh <ar...@iflexsolutions.com> on 2008/01/11 09:56:27 UTC

Want to get the value of label key which is there in the ApplicationResources.properties in action class

hi ,
I have a requirement to get the value of  label key , which is there in the
ApplicationResources.properties file .

Let me explain with an example :-

In my Jsp i get my label like

<fmt:message key="cust.firstName"/>

  In my ApplicationResources.properties file i have mapped this key to some
value as :-
cust.firstName=First Name

   Now my requirement is that , i want to anyhow get  the
ApplicationResources.properties value of the Key in my action class .
That means in the above example First Name i want to get in the action class
.

   Let me tell you I use Struts 2 in my application . I have tries with
<s:label key="cust.firstName">. This does create a label First Name in the
UI . But again i am not able to access the same in the action class (It's
neither available in request parameter nor in the value stack ). Means I am
not able to get the First Name label value in the action class .

Can some one provide me some guide lines how to achieve the target .

Thank you
Arunabh

Re: Want to get the value of label key which is there in the ApplicationResources.properties in action class

Posted by ARCS <an...@pqa.com>.
May be a better or more appropriate way to do this but this works.  You can
do this for any resource bundle you've created.

ResourceBundle bundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle("MyResources");
bundle.getString("myResourceBundleKey"));

-Andrew

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

--- arunabh <ar...@iflexsolutions.com> wrote:
> In my Jsp i get my label like
>
> <fmt:message key="cust.firstName"/>
>
>    Let me tell you I use Struts 2 in my application . I have tries with
> <s:label key="cust.firstName">. This does create a label First Name in the
> UI . But again i am not able to access the same in the action class (It's
> neither available in request parameter nor in the value stack ). Means I am
> not able to get the First Name label value in the action class .
>
> Can some one provide me some guide lines how to achieve the target .

getText("cust.firstName")

(If you extend ActionSupport or provide your own implementation of
TextProvider.)

d.