Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Herman Reintke <hr...@tauri.nl> on 2007/06/07 15:04:10 UTC

jcr-taglib status

LS,

I am getting a start with Jackrabbit and like to use a taglib to create the
webpages for it. There is a jcr-taglib in the contrib tree of Jackrabbit.

I started compiling but had to update the pom.xml to change dependency of
jackrabbitcore from 1.1-snapshot to 1.3, and don't think the build created the
tld file.

Before doing a lot of work and finding out I am working on an old/outdated/not
working version :

- Is anyone using jcr-taglib ?
- Should the version in trunk/contrib be working correctly with Jackrabbit 1.3 ?
- I used mvn install to compile the taglib, is that correct ?
- Do I need any other components to get the taglib to work ?

Kind regards,

Herman Reintke

Re: jcr-taglib status

Posted by Edgar Poce <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 6/7/07, Herman Reintke <hr...@tauri.nl> wrote:
> Before doing a lot of work and finding out I am working on an old/outdated/not
> working version :
>
> - Is anyone using jcr-taglib ?

Not now, but I used it before

> - Should the version in trunk/contrib be working correctly with Jackrabbit 1.3 ?
I think it should because it works on top of the jcr API.

> - I used mvn install to compile the taglib, is that correct ?
yes

> - Do I need any other components to get the taglib to work ?

Add the following dependency to your web project

		<dependency>
			<groupId>commons-jexl</groupId>
			<artifactId>commons-jexl</artifactId>
			<version>1.0</version>
			<scope>compile</scope>
		</dependency>

and register the taglib in your web app with the following tld:
jcrtaglib\src\examples\web\WEB-INF\taglib\jcr.tld

br,
edgar