Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Freddy Lopez <fl...@unicon.net> on 2004/01/08 23:37:42 UTC

WebDav client API usage error

Hi!

I am new here and would like some help with some errors I am getting
while attempting to use the Slide WebDav client API with a Tomcat
(version: jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14) as my WebDav Server.

I am using the following code:
HttpURL url = new HttpURL("http://localhost:8080/webdav/demo/");
     WebdavResource rc = new WebdavResource(url);
     // path = myNewDirectory
     if (rc.mkcolMethod(path)){
         System.out.println ("Success");
     } else {

         System.out.println ("failed");
         System.out.println (rc.getStatusMessage());
     }
     rc.close();

And get the following in my console window (I activated the debug feature) :

CLIENT: connected.

MKCOL / HTTP/1.1

CLIENT: sent request.

HTTP/1.1 501 Method MKCOL is not defined in RFC 2068 and is not
supported by the Servlet API
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:56:03 GMT
Server: Apache Coyote/1.0

CLIENT: received response.

Thanks in Advance!
-Freddy

====
This message and any attachments are confidential. Unauthorized use
or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited, and this message
must be destroyed immediately if received by an unauthorized recipient.
====