Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by ne...@ca.ibm.com on 2003/01/21 21:44:02 UTC

Xerces 2.3.0--almost ready?

Hi all,

According to the release plan [1] that Lisa committed--which garnered no
feedback at the time--we're due for a 2.3.0 release later this week.  There
are still a couple of things outstanding on the TCK front that could make
this slip, but otherwise we seem to be on target.  If anyone has anything
that you need to see in 2.3.0, and you don't think you'll be able to get it
down before the end of Thursday, could I ask you to let the list nnow?

The most significant thing we've promised the world about this release is
that we'll declare XNI to be 1.0; that is, we'll make it final.  Does
anyone think this is premature?

Cheers,
Neil
[1]:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xerces/java/Xerces2.3-REL_PLAN.html?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

Re: Xerces 2.3.0--almost ready?

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
neilg@ca.ibm.com wrote:
> The most significant thing we've promised the world about this release is
> that we'll declare XNI to be 1.0; that is, we'll make it final.  Does
> anyone think this is premature?

Yes. I have at least one API issue that needs to
be resolved before we go gold on the API. I raised
this before in the list but got no feedback. So I
will raise it again.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org