Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org> on 2015/04/22 19:23:40 UTC

svn commits

are they already turned off because of git transition? I tried a commit on
svn trunk today morning and got access denied exception. Any one else
getting this exception?
If it indeed is because of git transition, do any one know when commits on
git repo will be enabled?

Re: svn commits

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
I think it is better to not use the svn any more. Otherwise, we may need to
find those changes in svn but not in git and apply them to git again, most
likely, manually.

Re: svn commits

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.

Re: svn commits

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.

Re: svn commits

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

> I think it would be good if we can update the wiki on how to commit as we
> switch the tool.

+1   (see HIVE-10486 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-10486> Update
wiki for switch from svn to git -- any volunteers?)

-- Lefty

Re: svn commits

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.

Re: svn commits

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: svn commits

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: svn commits

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: svn commits

Re: svn commits

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.
Yes. I believe so. You can follow the progress in INFRA-9488