Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chad Riden <ch...@chadriden.com> on 2006/07/28 00:33:50 UTC

script / modules ver. inconsistent

Let me apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I've read all
the docs I've found and Googled for answers, but am still confused.

I'm running Mac OS X Server 10.4.7 and have used both source & CPAN
to update spamassassin, amavisd-new & clamav in the past, but most
recently used CPAN to update to SpamAssassin 3.1.3. Everything seems
to be working really well, however 'spamassassin --lint' reports:

spamassassin: spamassassin script is v3.001002, but using modules
v3.001003

Did I err?

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks for your time,

Chad Riden

http://chad.riden.org/

http://www.ChadRiden.com/
http://www.myspace.com/chadriden

http://www.MangyDog.com/chad/
http://www.myspace.com/mangyk9

http://www.NashvilleStandUp.com/
http://www.myspace.com/nsup

Re: script / modules ver. inconsistent

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 05:33:50PM -0500, Chad Riden wrote:
> I'm running Mac OS X Server 10.4.7 and have used both source & CPAN
> to update spamassassin, amavisd-new & clamav in the past, but most
> recently used CPAN to update to SpamAssassin 3.1.3. Everything seems
> to be working really well, however 'spamassassin --lint' reports:
>
> spamassassin: spamassassin script is v3.001002, but using modules
> v3.001003
>
> Did I err?
>
> What do I need to do to fix this?

It means that you're executing scripts from 3.1.2, but have the perl modules
from 3.1.3 installed.  I'd guess either your previous and current install used
a different 'bin' directory, or there was some error while doing the updates.

The general fix is to wipe out your SA install and reinstall it.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"He went on to say that he was afraid to speak with me because I wrote