Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by iliyas shirol <il...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/24 20:02:33 UTC

Migrate VM's from Hyper-V to XenServer in Cloud

Greetings !

I have almost 300 VM's (GNU/Linux + Windows) running on Hyper-V. I want to
migrate all of them to a fresh private cloud built using Apache CloudStack
4.1 and Citrix XenServer 6.1.

I've planned to use the following approach,

1. Shutdown the VM on Hyper-V and copy its VHD.
2. Import that VHD from Citrix XenCenter onto a Hypervisor.
3. Then copy that guest VHD from XenServer to a HTTP webserver.
4. Create a template from the above VHD from CloudStack & launch a VM :)

These steps are highlighted in the below doc,

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Admin_Guide/convert-hyperv-vm-to-template.html

Is this the only feasible & easy way to achieve this or someone has some
better approach to do so ?

Thanks.

--
-
Md. Iliyas Shirol

Re: Migrate VM's from Hyper-V to XenServer in Cloud

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
So ... storage migration is supported?

Posted by iliyas shirol <il...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it does.