Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Urtzi Larrazabal <ur...@esi.es> on 2002/08/13 10:32:06 UTC

Start tomcat as tomcat user

Hi friends !

I have installed Tomcat 3.3.1 on a solaris 8 with apache 1.3.23 and mysql. If I start Tomcat as root there isn't any problem but when I try to run it as tomcat user there are several problems.
Could anybody tell me  the requierements that this user must have to start tomcat? Tomcat is running on 8080.

Regards,

Urtzi.

Re: Start tomcat as tomcat user

Posted by David Cassidy <da...@twocats.co.uk>.
Can you tell us what the problems are ?

You might find that some of the files belong to root and so
cannot be written to by your tomcat user. You might want to
change the ownership over to your tomcat user.

David