Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2003/12/11 03:11:43 UTC

1.1 components - design

Hi Jason and others,

Is there a design written up for the maven-components (particularly model
and project), and how they will eventually integrate with maven-core for
1.1?

Even though I'm going to continue my focus on releasing 1.0 and fixing any
related bugs in JIRA for it, I would like to start getting across the
components, test cases and design to keep up :)

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
Team Leader, Core Systems

Re: 1.1 components - design

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 21:11, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi Jason and others,
>
> Is there a design written up for the maven-components (particularly model
> and project), and how they will eventually integrate with maven-core for
> 1.1?
>
> Even though I'm going to continue my focus on releasing 1.0 and fixing any
> related bugs in JIRA for it, I would like to start getting across the
> components, test cases and design to keep up :)

I started the xdocs a couple days ago with the notes I've been making
along the way and I will augment them as I'm writing the tests but they
are approaching completion.

I think the approach take to property interpolation that I suggested is
the most reasonable and sane so that's how I'm shaping the tests but I
will add some notes about embedding plexus in the 1.1 code as it won't
be until 2.x that the whole show is run from plexus itself.

> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter