Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Colin Wang <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 09:41:57 UTC

What is the default location of created job jar file

Hi All,

It is my understanding that Pig engine will translate the pig script into
jar files. But I don't know what is the default location to hold those jar
files.
I guess it is "/tmp" on local side. I google around, still not confirmed.

Could please enlighten me? Can we make that location configurable?

Thanks
Colin

Re: What is the default location of created job jar file

Posted by Colin Wang <co...@gmail.com>.
Have figure that out.
It is /tmp.
We can specify that in shell via : export
_JAVA_OPTIONS=-Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/colin/tmp

Posted by Colin Wang <co...@gmail.com>.
Have figure that out.