Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by osishkin osishkin <os...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/18 17:28:14 UTC

Log configuration

I didn't find in the documentation a way to configure message logging
that I'm looking for, so I appologize if this is a trivial question.
Is there a simple guide to configuring logging options in Cassandra?
I saw references to output.log, transactions log. I deduced from some
other post here that I can change the logging level in
log4j.properties.
However I didn't see any place this is all explained in a simple concise way.

I'd appreciate a reference or any clarifications.
Thank you

Re: Log configuration

Posted by gabriele renzi <rf...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM, osishkin osishkin <os...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't find in the documentation a way to configure message logging
> that I'm looking for, so I appologize if this is a trivial question.
> Is there a simple guide to configuring logging options in Cassandra?
> I saw references to output.log, transactions log. I deduced from some
> other post here that I can change the logging level in
> log4j.properties.
> However I didn't see any place this is all explained in a simple concise way.

the log4j.propeties is indeed the main configuration point unless you
do something unusual, it is not documented mostly because it's a
standard log4j configuration I guess, you should be happy perusing
it's docs

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html

> I'd appreciate a reference or any clarifications.

hope this helps

--
blog en: http://www.riffraff.info
blog it: http://riffraff.blogsome.com