Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Christopher Eliot <el...@cs.umass.edu> on 2002/03/07 16:44:48 UTC

Logger class vs. Category class

Folks,

I just heard about log4.  I've downloaded and installed v1.1.3.
(I avoid beta versions).

It seems that the class Category in v1.1.3 has been renamed to
Logger in v1.4.

The online documentation describes everything using the Logger
class and gives no indication that this has been changed or is new.

The documentation with v1.1.3 talks about Category.

Presumably the online documentation should indicate how
things work with the most recent non-beta version, right?
And shouldn't there be a warning that this has changed?

Or am I totally confused?

-Chris Eliot
UMass/Computer Science