Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/23 11:34:16 UTC

Cutting 5.1 ?

Hi guys,
with 5.0 we introduced a nasty regression and I have committed a fix.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CURATOR%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.1.0

It looks like it is too little stuff for a release to be cut.

Do you have other items to commit before cutting the release ?

We should release it a 5.1.0 because the fix implies a breaking change on
an API, introduced with 5.0.

It looks like this issue on ZooKeeper deserves a fix on Curator

Does anyone has time to work on it on Curator ?

In my opinion we can wait until the next week for a release.

Best regards
Enrico

Re: Cutting 5.1 ?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
> Next version for master is expected to be 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT or 5.1.1.SNAPSHOT ?

5.1.1.SNAPSHOT

> I see we do not have release branches, we are only cutting release from
> master, is it expected ?

Yes - we always release from master (except in rare cases that we're releasing an EOF branch patch or something).

-JZ

Re: Cutting 5.1 ?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cutting 5.1 ?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Yes - let's do a release. Enrico, we have instructions here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=84805591#ForCuratorCommitters-release-curator <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=84805591#ForCuratorCommitters-release-curator>

Re: Cutting 5.1 ?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cutting 5.1 ?

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.