Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 22:27:08 UTC

Fwd: 2012 updates

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 2012 updates
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:09:58 +0000
From: Philip M. Gollucci <pg...@p6m7g8.com>
To: dev@perl.apache.org

If you haven't heard, I've stepped down as VP Infra, so I'm getting back
into some of the coding at ASF (horray!)

Coming up we/I need to do the following --

1) use dist.apache.org for releases and distribution
   I'll handle this and update RELEASE accordingly.
2) drop support for perl < 5.10.0  [patch ready]
3) drop support for httpd 2.0.x and lower [patch ready]
4) stop waiting and merge branches/httpd24 and branches/threading to
   trunk (Thanks Torsten!)
5) Stop versioning APR/APU 0.9, and start supporting apr where
   apr/apr-util are the same thing
6) If you missed it httpd/apreq/trunk C bindings are not part of httpd
   for 2.5.x+.  The perl bindings need a new home.  For the moment,
   mod_perl is the only logical choice, so they will be relocated and
   apreq will be 'closed down'

Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Director Operations,              Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: Fwd: 2012 updates

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
2011/11/22 Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>:
> On Tuesday, 22 November 2011 21:27:08 Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> 1) use dist.apache.org for releases and distribution
>>    I'll handle this and update RELEASE accordingly.
>> 2) drop support for perl < 5.10.0  [patch ready]

Can you post the patches? Generally +1 to the support changes.

Re: Fwd: 2012 updates

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.