Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Mark Bennett <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/20 17:57:43 UTC

petstore BeanAction

My friend noticed this comment in the BeanAction class in the petstore
application. Have any new lessons been learned about this regarding its use?
Anything to worry about? ThreadLocal issues?
  * <i>The BeanAction Struts extension is a work in progress. While it
demonstrates
* good patterns for application development, the framework itself is very
new and
* should not be considered stable. Your comments and suggestions are
welcome.
* Please visit <a href="http://www.ibatis.com">http://www.ibatis.com</a> for
contact information.</i>
* <p/>
* Date: Mar 11, 2004 10:03:56 PM
*
* @author Clinton Begin
  Thanks,
Mark

Re: petstore BeanAction

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
No way, BeanAction is awesome. It *IS* plain old struts, with a good design
pattern placed in front of it.

There's no concern about ThreadLocal. It's the fastest way to manage
concurrent state.

For the most part that comment is there because it's certainly not
"production code", but it's as good as anything anyone would write I
suppose.

Just my $0.02

Clinton

Re: petstore BeanAction