Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by "l.penet@senat.fr" <l....@senat.fr> on 2015/05/22 10:15:04 UTC

omnifaces and openwebbeans

Dear all,

I have some trouble with omnifaces and openwebbeans.

Omnifaces versions prior to 2.0 work (at least for the non-CDI related
part I use), but with error logs at startup.

Versions 2.0 prevent the application from starting.

It seems to me that it is because omnifaces is starting too early,
before OWB is ready.

I asked a long question on this topic on stackoverflow, as it is the
best way to get in touch with omnifaces autho, BalusC.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30385007/omnifaces-starting-before-openwebbeans-1-5-0?noredirect=1#comment48860074_30385007

I am considering patching omnifaces... But before doing that, I wondered
whether hot shot developper usually kindly helping on this list have on
opinion on why it works on TomEE and why it does not in Tomcat 8 +
openwebbeans-tomcat7 module.

Thanks in advance,

Ludovic

Re: omnifaces and openwebbeans

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks Ludovic!

We could probably add an integration test to our tomcat7 module for the @WebFilter.

@Karl: Ludovic doesn’t use TomEE but plain OWB on tomcat. And even in TomEE I’m not sure if the CDI container is already booted when the ServletContainerInitializer runs. It’s simply not specified whether it should. That’s a little bit of a chicken and-egg-problem. But injection in ServletFilters should work fine.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by PÉNET LUDOVIC <l....@senat.fr>.

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.