Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Philip Mak <pm...@aaanime.net> on 2006/07/01 23:07:15 UTC

Does SpamAssassin support SPF?

Does SpamAssassin support SPF record checking?

Or is this something I have to patch into my incoming SMTP server?

Re: Does SpamAssassin support SPF?

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
On Saturday 01 July 2006 23:07, Philip Mak took the opportunity to write:
> Does SpamAssassin support SPF record checking?

Yes. You activate it by uncommenting the corresponding LoadPlugin line in
init.pre and making sure that the required Perl modules are installed.

> Or is this something I have to patch into my incoming SMTP server?

You might want to perform checks in your MTA as well if you want to reject
mail that fails the checks at SMTP time. But watch out - if you do this you
must be able to make exceptions for any forwarding your users might have set
up on other servers.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)