Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/23 05:57:32 UTC

Apache Shindig Board Reports ?

Just trying to help with the Apache way of doing things for new
podlings. I was looking for Board Reports from Shindig and could not
find it, are they available somewhere ? Also, looks like the Board
Report Schedule [1] is still not listing Shindig.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Apache Shindig Board Reports ?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I'd suggest looking at latest reports from other podlings [1], and
starting with a draft report for Shindig either on a mail-thread or
wiki page, collaborate with the community, and then be ready to submit
it together with other podlings scheduled to report in March.

As for the contents, I think that the Mentors and community can easily
reach agreement on what should be reported, and I can certainly help
as well.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2008

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.
Appreciate the pointer. My understanding is that they're due by Wednesday
(3/12). I was going to kick off a thread on Monday to get input, but someone
else can get it started if they have ideas.

-Dan

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:51 -0800, Dan Peterson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 03:09 -0800, Dan Peterson wrote:
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > First of all, Luciano, thank you so much for bringing this to the
> > attention
> > > of shindig-dev. I don't think many (any?) of us were previously aware of
> > the
> > > Apache Board reports process, so apologies for the oversight. I hope the
> > > other thread I just sent ("State of the Shindig - February 2008") will
> > be a
> > > good start to a thread that can be summarized for the March report.
> > >
> > > To the conversation that Bruno and Upayavira are having, the website I
> > found
> > > ( http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule ) says:
> > >
> > > The Incubator must report to the ASF Board monthly. Each Incubator
> > project
> > > reports for the first three months of its incubation, and then
> > quarterly.
> > > Each month, roughly one third of the Incubator projects are reporting.
> > >
> > > Given that, since March will be our first formal report, I would propose
> > > that we submit a report for March, April, and May, which treats it like
> > our
> > > first three months, and then fall into the quarterly rhythm. Sound
> > > reasonable?
> >
> > Sounds perfect. Are you able to add us to that schedule?
> >

> Brian already added us to the queue for March.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule
>
> I'm not sure how we indicate we want to do March/April/May, and then
> quarterly on that page. Perhaps we don't even need to? We just submit the
> reports as per the schedule?

'tis good enough

Upayavira

Re: Apache Shindig Board Reports ?

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Dan Peterson <dp...@google.com>.
Hey folks,

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> only 1/3 of incubator projects are actively following these guidelines.

How so?  If so, we need to improve on that ASAP!

	--- Noel

Re: Apache Shindig Board Reports ?

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>.
Good catch, thank you!

I just added us to the third group (ie, the March group). We'll need to be
good incubatorlings and probably do our "first three months" of reporting a
bit late :-)

-Brian