Posted to user@flink.apache.org by LakeShen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 12:49:47 UTC

The question about the FLIP-45

Hi community,

Now I am reading the FLIP-45 Reinforce Job Stop Semantic, I have three
questions about it :
1. What the command to use to stop the Flink task, stop or cancel?

2. If use stop command to stop filnk task , but I see the flink source code
, the stop command we can set the savepoint dir , if we didn't set it , the
default savepoint dir will use . Both the target Savepoint  Dir or default
savepoint dir are null , the flink will throw the exception. But in FLIP-45
, If retained checkpoint is enabled, we should always do a checkpoint when
stopping job. I can't find this code.

Thanks to your reply.

Best regards,
LakeShen

Re: The question about the FLIP-45

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi LakeShen,

Sorry for the late response.

For the first question, literally, the stop command should be used if one
means to stop the job instead of canceling it.

For the second one, since FLIP-45 is still under discussion [1] [2]
(although a little bit stalled due to priority), we still don't support
stop with (retained) checkpoint yet. Accordingly, there's no implementation
in our code base.

Best Regards,
Yu

[1]